Monday, May 4, 2009

Welcome to my country!

So here we are again, blogging.

Rather than setting up a blog for a specific event or activity in my life, I thought it was about time I set up a blog. Where-in I can rant and rave about any ole' thing rather than feeling obligated to stick to a particular "topic" - we all know how hard that is when you have ADD! Especially when your ADD manifests as a 15 month old, toe-headed little boy who requires a remarkable amount of attention.

Crazy kid.

Speaking of, I've become a bit of a parenting nazi and as a result, may alienate all my nice, new friends. Why don't parents pay more attention? What is it about a large park and a "playdate" that makes pregnant women think they can let their two and three year olds run amok and push other, smaller, MY children, over? I realize that being nine months pregnant takes it out of you, but whatever happened to paying attention to your children?

Apparently it has totally gone out of fashion.

Suffice it to say, I scared the bejesus out of a little boy who felt it necessary to exert his superiority over my little angel. The poor kid spent the rest of the playdate circling the soccer field and hiding from me. Which, frankly, was my intention. The little shit is lucky I didn't slap him upside the head.

Child abuse is totally wrong unless they hit your kid first.

Luckily for me, the baby daddy is in total agreement so I won't be the only one alienating all the nice stay at home moms (SAHM's for those of you out of the loop) who are clearly more interested in discussing fashion and home renovation projects than actually watching their kids. In fact, the baby daddy was disappointed that the little bully's father wasn't around so they could play a grown up version of the playground antics that got us here in the first place.

I love men!

At least if I'm the only one watching my kid, none of the other moms will see my pop their little devils one.

No comments:

Post a Comment