Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Cat House

No, I am not referring to a place to find loose women.

While perusing the interwebs this morning, I came across a rather interesting site. My 15 m/o little boy loves his "maos" (i.e., cats) and frequently request that we look at pictures of them on line. So, while we were doing that, I discovered a video documentary of a place called "The Cat House on the Kings".

This is a no-kill rescue ranch for cats - I think they house something like 700. The woman who runs the place has 6 acres and a serious love for all things feline. Apparently she has feeding stations placed around the property and cat doors in every room, so the animals are allowed to come and go as they please. All of her cats are up for adoption and in the event that one doesn't get adopted, it is allowed a permanent home at her ranch.

Apparently not all crazy cat ladies are actually nuts! It give me hope for myself.

Here is a link to her facility, and the video documentary I found.

The Cat House on the Kings

No comments:

Post a Comment