Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Oh teh noes!

After an absence of approximately 25 months, my monthly "friend" has decided to reappear. It explains so much! The homicidal tendencies, the freakishly ill-timed crying - such as, at this song:



I mean, it is kind of depressing, but for Pete's sake!

Suffice it to say, it is a relief that I have a biological explanation for my recent insanity. I thought it was entirely circumstantial...and if that had been the case, I would have to seriously reconsider almost everything about my life. Frankly, I have neither the energy or the resources to reevaluate at that level.

Aside from the sense of relief I feel currently, I also find it fascinating how something that was once so familiar seems so incredibly novel. It's almost like the first time all over again!

I mean, I've spent the whole week convinced that there was an entirely different explanation for my junk food cravings, my emotional outbursts, and my general hatred of the human race. In the past I would have stopped and considered..."ah, perhaps it is that time of the month!"

But not this time! Oh no, I was completely blindsided. Yay me....

So here I am, back to the monthly moodiness, pain, and general ick that is menstruation. Fabulous!

No comments:

Post a Comment